The main campus

The main campus of the university currently includes the following faculties and institutes:

Faculty/Institute

Year started

1- Faculty  of  Science

1957/58

2- Faculty  of  Engineering

1957/58

3- Faculty  of Agriculture

1959/60

4- Faculty  of Medicine

1960/61

5- Faculty  of Pharmacy

1961/62

6- Faculty  of Veterinary Medicine

1961/62

7- Faculty of Commerce

1963/64

8- Faculty  of Education

1966/67

9- Faculty of Law

1975/76

10- Faculty  of Physical Education, Boys
       Faculty  of Physical Education , Girls

1981/82

1996/97

11- Faculty of Nursing for Girls

1982/83

12- Institute  of Research and
Technology of Sugar Industry

1995/96

13- Faculty  of Social Work

1995/96

14- Faculty  of Arts

1996/97

15- Faculty  of Specific Education

1997/98

16- Technical  Institute of Nursing

1997/98

17- South Egypt  Cancer Institute   

1997/98

18- Faculty  of Computers and
Information

2001/02

19- Faculty  of Dentistry

2012/13

Formerly, Assiut University had four regional campuses and branches in the neighboring provinces of Minia, Sohag, Qena and Aswan including the following:
A – Minia Branch              B - Sohag Branch
C - Qena Branch               D - Aswan Branch
From the academic year 76/1977 onward, the above regional Campuses from separated to form independent universities.  One regional Campus still remains under the administration of Assiut University.